Set in Denmark, mainly within and without the Castle of Elsinore, Mona Vale will be transformed for this great tragedy of murder, greed and revenge, where we will witness HAMLET’s indecision and his supposed madness; the play culminating in the ‘rigged’ fight Hamlet has with Laertes, applauded on by the devious King Claudius.
“To be or not to be ( at Mona Vale ) – that is the question” – as we witness Hamlet ‘s continual delaying tactics, in doing what has to be done, to obtain his father’s revenge. See the intrigue and the mystery, as everyone wants to find out, why is HAMLET mad…? Perhaps they should first find out ‘if’ he is mad… or is he just one step ahead of them all….?
Hamlet is one of Shakespeare’s most powerful and influential tragedies in English literature. The play seems to have been one of Shakespeare’s most popular works during his lifetime and still ranks among his most-performed.
It is one of those plays which is synonymous with certain items and quotes; “Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him”, “Words, Words, Words.” and still receives great criticism and often quoted in modern literature, “Doubt thou the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move… “
Venue: The Mound Lawn, Mona Vale Gardens, Christchurch. Opens on Wednesday 10th February and runs through to Saturday 20th February. Performances are 6pm to 8:10pm every night, with added Matinees on both Saturdays.
(Not recommended for children under 8 years of age)
Come early. Security-patrolled Parking
Toilets and refreshments are available on site. Come sit on a picnic blanket, (at the front) or low/high chair (seating is segregated for audience viewing) and remember to bring plenty of warm clothing.
$15 ($10 concession)
available on the gate, or from:
THE COURT THEATRE BOX OFFICE
Food and drink will be available
before the show & during the 15 minute interval
courtesy of the catering belle.
Yes we have a range of platters available by pre-order, ready for you when you arrive at Mona Vale. Priced from $20 for a two person platter.
Contact The Catering Belle to place your order.
- Derek Doddington ~ Director
- Cheryl Anglesey ~ Production / Prompt
- Jay Versteeg ~ Costumes
- Pip Stephenson ~ Make-up
- Diane Hinterleitner ~ Set & Props
- Maddy Albertson ~ Set & Props/li>
- Matt Lang ~ Set & Props
- Emma Pratt ~ Stage Manager
- Emma Reynolds ~ Stage Manager
- Frank Connor ~ Technical
- Robert Tait ~ Musical Director
- Andrew Bolitho ~ Marcellus / Player Lucianus
- Andrew Scott ~ Polonius
- Anna Willow ~ Player Queen
- Asher Etherington ~ Bernardo / Player
- Crisstian Grueber ~ Laertes
- Dan Crossen ~ Osric
- Daniel Collins ~ Francisco / Player / Second Sailor
- Daniel Webster ~ Rosencrantz
- Ella Rerekura ~ Player / Court Servant
- Emma Pratt ~ Court Servant
- Emma Reynolds ~ Court Servant
- Giles Wood ~ Ghost / Priest
- Jayde McInnes ~ Player / Polonius Servant
- Josh Peacock ~ Cornelius / Player Prologue
- Karen Hallsworth ~ Queen Gertrude
- Paige Delaney ~ Guildenstern
- Paul Dyer ~ Voltimand / Sailor / Player
- Raoul Neave ~ King Claudius
- Russell Haigh ~ Player King / Grave Digger
- Ruth Agnew ~ Horatia
- Sebastian Boyle ~ Hamlet
- Shannon Quinn ~ Ophelia
Comments are closed.